Here is a list of the Top 10 Questions you may be asked at your 341 Meeting of creditors in Utah. Working with an experienced Utah attorney will help you understand and know how to response to these inquiries:
1. State your name for the record. Is the address on the petition your current address?
2. Did you sign the petition, schedules, statements, and related documents and is the signature your own? Did you read the petition, schedules, statements, and related documents before you signed them?
3. Are you personally familiar with the information contained in the petition, schedules, statements and related documents? To the best of your knowledge, is the information contained in the petition, schedules, statements, and related documents true and correct? Are there any errors or omissions to bring to my attention at this time?
4. Are all of your assets identified on the schedules? Have you listed all of your creditors on the schedules?
5. Have you previously filed bankruptcy? (If so, the trustee must obtain the case number and the discharge information to determine the debtor(s) discharge eligibility.)
6. Do you have a domestic support obligation? To whom? Please provide the claimant’s address and telephone number, but do not state it on the record. Are you current on your post-petition domestic support obligations?
7. Have you filed all required tax returns for the past four years?
8. Do you own or have any interest whatsoever in any real estate?
If owned: When did you purchase the property? How much did the property cost? What are the mortgages encumbering it? What do you estimate the present value of the property to be? Is that the whole value or your share? How did you arrive at that value? If renting: Have you ever owned the property in which you live and/or is its owner in any way related to you?
9. Have you made any transfers of any property or given any property away within the last one year period (or such longer period as applicable under state law)?
10. Have you made any large payments, over $600, to anyone in the three months?
At the Utah Bankruptcy Guy we make sure that you never go before a Trustee without us by your side. You will know the types of questions you will be asked before you face your Trustee. We take the time and make the effort to make sure you are comfortable with the process. Contact us today to set up your free consultation to see if bankruptcy is right for you.