How to get a Free credit report

I have a lot of Utah clients ask me how they can get a copy of their credit report as they prepare to file bankruptcy.  Federal law requires each of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies – Equifax, Experian and TransUnion – to give you a free credit report every 12 months if you ask for it.  To ask for it just click on this link for the Free Credit Report.  Then fill out the information requested on the website.  I would suggest you stay away from other websites that claim to provide a free reports but are merely a front for credit repair scams and require that you give them a credit card number to get the free report.